In the lives of working professionals and college students, caffeine has become an addiction. Whether to wake up throughout the night or go through rough paperwork, caffeine comes in handy as a helpful tool. Some caffeine-containing products are coffee, tea, chocolate, soft drinks, energy drinks, etc. But do you know how much caffeine is present in these drinks? Well, around 50-500 milligrams of caffeine are present per unit.
Almost 95% of the world’s population consumes caffeine daily. However, too much caffeine can result in severe health issues. More than four to five cups can become dangerous for your health. Some of the prominent symptoms of caffeine overdose are as follows:
- Chest Pain
- Frequent Urination
Caffeine works as a psychostimulant to trigger the central nervous system. Therefore, people drink caffeine products in the morning to kick start their day. Also, for some people, it works as a pain relief drink.
Some other Side Effects of too much caffeine
- Affects your work performance: Overdose of caffeine in the afternoon also can affect your sleep cycle, causing a load of tiredness in the daylight affecting the overall alertness and performance.
- Triggers some medications: Some medications can react with caffeine increasing risks to health.
- Ephedrine: The interaction of this medication can increase the risk of high blood pressure, heart attack, seizure and stroke.
- Theophylline: This medicine is for opening bronchial tubes, but caffeine causes problems like nausea and heart palpitation.
- Echinacea: is a herbal supplement used to treat colds and related infections. It has some caffeine itself and can cause an overdose when taken with coffee, tea, etc.
Therefore, you must always consult with your doctor about whether caffeine interaction with medicines can cause problems to your health or not.
At Naturoville, our dieticians take care of every ounce of proteins, carbs, etc., that you intake in your diet to ensure a healthy lifestyle. We have high skilled staffs to assist you throughout your stay at Naturoville. Let’s take a step together towards a healthy lifestyle. Don’t miss your vacations away from the best Ayurveda centre in Rishikesh.